Best Wishes For 2021 to All Members and Their Families
Due to the limited attendance for our final clean-up day on Saturday 19 December we have been unable to finish the maintenance tasks that were scheduled for completion during the break. We currently have members working on these. Due to this delay, we are postponing the 2021 re-opening and will now re-open on the following dates:
Friday 29 January 2021
9am to 1pm
Saturday 30 January
10am to 4pm
These are our usual weekly opening hours and will continue during 2021 except for public holidays and long weekends, we will provide advice regarding these closer to the date they occur. All sessions are mixed and open to both men and women members.
COVID 19 – Shed Access
Members and visitors are not permitted to enter the Shed (including Port Melbourne) if they:
- Are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever),
- Have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious),
- Are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19,
- Reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19,
- Have returned from international or interstate (where relevant) travel and failed to observe any government requirement to quarantine for 14 days.
On entry to the Shed members and visitors must:
- Sanitise their hands using the sanitiser provide,
- Have their temperature checked by one of the on-duty supervisors,
- Check in using the QR code provided, manual check in is available for anyone without a smart phone – we are using the Victorian Government QR system,
- Wear a fitted face mask at all times,
- Where practicable, practice physical distancing at all times,
- Await allocation of a designated workstation,
- Follow any other health and safety directions given by the supervisors on duty.
Conditions of entry and attendance will be reviewed and amended as required by Victorian State Government legislation.
The cooperation of members in adhering to the above conditions will help to ensure the health and safety of all members and is appreciated.
After the unforeseen challenges of 2020 we are looking forward to a more rewarding and fulfilling 2021 where we can all enjoy the satisfaction from “making stuff” in the shed and the company and camaraderie of our fellow shedders.
Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.