Following the announcement by the Victorian Government that restrictions will be lifted at 11.59pm tonight we have received notification from the Victorian Men’s Shed Association that we are permitted to re-open our sheds.
Therefore, the Dorcas Street shed will re-open at 9am on Friday 19/02/21 and regular scheduled Friday and Saturday sessions will continue.
Members are reminded of the conditions of entry that apply:
COVID 19 – Shed Access
Members and visitors are not permitted to enter the Sheds (including Port Melbourne) if they:
- Are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever),
- Have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious),
- Are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19,
- Reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19,
- Have returned from international or interstate (where relevant) travel and failed to observe any government requirement to quarantine for 14 days.
On entry to the Shed members and visitors must:
- Wear a fitted face mask at all times while indoors
- Sanitise their hands using the sanitiser provide,
- Have their temperature checked by one of the on-duty supervisors,
- Check in using the QR code provided, manual check in is available for anyone without a smart phone – we are using the Victorian Government QR system,
- Where practicable, practice physical distancing at all times,
- Await allocation of a designed workstation,
- Follow any other health and safety directions given by the supervisors on duty.
Hopefully, we will be able to continue in 2021 without any further interruptions.
Please remember to stay safe, follow the rules and respect your fellow shed member.